Joseph L. Follette, Jr., M.Div., M.S., LMFT-CEO
Joseph L. Follette, Jr. , owner of Lifestyle Therapy and Coaching and author of “Sizzle Mindset: Seven Secrets to Keep the Passion Alive in Your Marriage“. Joe is an ordained minister and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with many years experience addressing issues in marriage, parenting, relationships, depression, anxiety, anger, communication, premarital, etc. Joe is a positive upbeat individual with a warm and friendly personality. He enjoys laughter and loves to see the spark of life return in his clients. He specializes in helping couples return to love and achieve Sizzling Hot Marriages especially after growing up in dysfunctional homes. He accepts speaking opportunities, offers family life seminars and retreats. Joe earned a Master’s of Divinity from Andrews University, Master’s Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy from The University of Southern Mississippi and has studied toward his PhD in Marriage & Family Therapy at Amridge University. More about Joe
Lifestyle Therapy & Coaching’s mission is to provide resources for happy families. I want to help you get where you want to be in your life and relationships.
My goal is for you to gain the healing God expressed his desire for you to experience (3 John 1:2). We all have challenges that sometimes are very difficult to get through. An astute assessment with wise counsel can make a world of difference in your life. It is important that we seek out the advice of others who have the wisdom and knowledge we need to make good decisions. Research indicates there are numerous benefits in seeking professional assistance when dealing with many common issues faced by families and individuals. Hopefully we can become your resource for insight and intervention.
Plan: To help you achieve Total Health & Well Being.
Purpose: To allow God to use our education, talents and abilities to help support and maintain strong marriages and families.
Premise: To provide all clients with effective professional services.
- Utilize the systems model along with other treatment theories and methodologies to provide effective treatment
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all clients.
- Respect the wishes of all clients.
- Help maintain, restore, and support health and well-being in our community.
Philosophy and Method:
- Our philosophy is that effective treatment produces change that is measurable. We include assessment, Psycho-education and therapy in our treatment to reinforce the development of beliefs that support emotional and relational health. Assessment will give you and the therapist insight into your thoughts and beliefs that might be causing you problems. Psycho-education gives you an opportunity to modify conceptualizations of past painful experiences with new healthy beliefs. Therapy provides interaction with a skilled listener who will redirect your mind along pathways that will help you reach your goals. Therapist led group therapy helps you create a new normal through interaction with others who provide valuable feedback, powerful examples and loving support. Weekly throughout treatment your recovery is assessed to ensure you are progressing toward your goals. READ MORE…
About Marriage & Family Therapy
Marriage and Family therapists are mental health professionals with a minimum of a master’s degree and two years supervised clinical experience. Marriage and Family therapists (commonly referred to as MFTs or family therapists) are trained and licensed to independently diagnose and treat mental health and substance abuse problems. Marriage and family therapy is one of the core mental health disciplines and is based on the research and theory that mental illness and family problems are best treated in a family context. Trained in psychotherapy and family systems, marriage and family therapists focus on understanding their clients’ symptoms and interaction patterns within their existing environment. MFTs treat predominantly individuals, but also provide couples, family and group therapy. Whomever the client, Family Therapists treat from a relationship perspective that incorporates family systems.