Joseph L. Follette, Jr., M.Div., M.S., LMFT-CEO
Joseph L. Follette, Jr. , owner of Lifestyle Therapy and Coaching and author of “Sizzle Mindset: Seven Secrets to Keep the Passion Alive in Your Marriage“. Joe is an ordained minister and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with many years experience adept in helping individuals, couples and families with relationship and personal issues. Joe is a positive upbeat individual with a warm and friendly personality. He enjoys laughter and loves to see the spark of life return in his clients. He specializes in helping couples return to love and achieve Sizzling Hot Marriages especially after experiencing a rough patch in their relationship. Joe earned a Master’s of Divinity from Andrews University, Master’s Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy from The University of Southern Mississippi and has studied toward his PhD in Marriage & Family Therapy at Amridge University. More about Joe
My mission is to save your marriage. No matter what challenges you are facing your marriage is worth the investment necessary to save it.
God desires for you to be happily married. (3 John 1:2). We all have challenges that sometimes are very difficult to get through. An astute assessment with wise counsel can make a world of difference in your life. It is important that we seek out the advice of others who have the wisdom and knowledge we need to make good decisions. Research indicates there are numerous benefits in seeking professional assistance when dealing with many common issues faced by families and individuals. Hopefully I can become your resource for insight and intervention to turn your marriage around.
Plan: To help you enjoy your marriage and for you to feel like a whole person.
Purpose: To allow God to use me to relieve stress and help couples enjoy strong marriages and families.
Premise: For each client to be absolutely satisfied with my services.
- Utilize the systems model along with other treatment theories and methodologies to provide effective treatment
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all clients.
- Respect the wishes of all clients.
- Provide help that produces positive results.
Philosophy and Method:
- My philosophy is that effective treatment produces change that is observable. My treatment Solution Focused and includes assessment, Psycho-education and therapy. Assessment will give you and the therapist insight into your thoughts and beliefs that might be causing you problems and assist in developing goals for treatment. Psycho-education gives you an opportunity to become more reflective and practice what you learn in therapy. Therapy provides interaction with a skilled listener who will redirect your mind along pathways that will help you reach your individual and relationship goals. Therapist led group therapy helps you create a new normal through interaction with others who provide valuable feedback, powerful examples and loving support. Group therapy focuses on sexual addictions that threaten the marital bond. Weekly group attendance significantly enhances marital recovery from affairs.
About Marriage & Family Therapy
Marriage and Family therapists are mental health professionals with a minimum of a master’s degree and two years supervised clinical experience. Marriage and Family therapists (commonly referred to as MFTs or family therapists) are trained and licensed to independently diagnose and treat mental health and substance abuse problems. Marriage and family therapy is one of the core mental health disciplines and is based on the research and theory that mental illness and family problems are best treated in a family context. Trained in psychotherapy and family systems, marriage and family therapists focus on understanding their clients’ symptoms and interaction patterns within their existing environment. MFTs treat predominantly individuals, but also provide couples, family and group therapy. Whomever the client, Family Therapists treat from a relationship perspective that incorporates family systems.